Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Honduras Update

We are three months away from leaving on a mission trip to Honduras. THREE MONTHS! Stephen and I have been to Honduras several times, this will be my 5th trip and his 4th. This trip, however, will be so incredibly different from all the others. We are leading this trip. I can’t believe that we will be leading a group of 14 other people to a third world country.  It is scary, but so exciting.

Today, we had a flip-flop drive at our church. Our church brought 548 flip-flops! We will be able to put flip-flops on the feet of 274 precious souls. We will take these with us, along with care bags and other supplies to attempt to meet some of the material and physical needs of the Honduran people. However, this is not the focus of our trip. The most important thing is that we will take the good news of the gospel. We will share the story of Jesus.
 The people of Honduras have absolutely stolen my heart. The love I have for these people, people I don’t even know is overwhelming. My heart breaks for their bondage. I am so burdened for their lostness. I cannot wait to place my feet on that soil again, and to share the love Christ, which knows no language barriers.
I cannot wait to spend a week our team, and see the unbelievable things God will do. I am overcome with emotion as I imagine what it will be like.  As I type this, tears are steaming down my face, out of pure anticipation.
But, I know that our trip must be surrounded with prayer. So, I ask you to join me in praying for this trip. Please pray that god will allow all the details to work out, including finances, supplies, passports, and plans. Pray that God will begin preparing our hearts so that we may minister effectively. Pray that our team members’ health remains strong in the next few months.  Pray that individuals’ hearts will be open and sensitive to the Gospel. Pray that the strongholds of the country to be broken. Pray that we are sensitive to the Holy Spirit. Pray that Stephen and I would have wisdom to lead well. Pray that God will do exceedingly more than we could ever imagine! 
I thank you in advance for your prayers, you have no idea how much they are appreciated!
There are so many details to be worked out, but I trust that God has a plan for us in the beautiful country of Honduras........ 61 days and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment