Difficult seasons teach us much about ourselves. I continue to see what a wretched sinner that I am. Over the past week, I have learned much about myself:
- I am more prone to idol worship than I thought.
- I am materialistic.
- I struggle to accept change without anxiety - indicating a lack of trust in God's sovereignty.
- I am rather self-absorbed.
- I make excuses instead of owning up to my mistakes/downfalls.
- I am more concerned with what people think my motives are behind my decision-making, than with examining what my motives actually are.
- I like to be comfortable.
But, as I see this sin in myself, I am reminded to repent and look to the grace of God in Jesus. I echo Paul, "Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!" (Romans 7:24-25)