Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

An Awesome Sunday Night.

Last night, we had the iMiTATORS, our church’s high school drama team, over to hang out. It was such an awesome time. Stephen led us to do something called the “encouragement seat.” We all sat around in our living room, with one chair in the middle. Randomly, people took turns sitting in the middle seat. While they sat there, it was everyone else’s time to offer encouragement to that person. This was an absolutely beautiful thing. We laughed, cried, and shared. The neatest part was the fact that it was a bigger blessing to offer encouragement to someone than to receive it yourself.
I shared with the entire group last night that they were one of the “perks” of our ministry here.  I thanked them for letting me be a part of their lives. I have watched several of these high schoolers take their faith to the next level over the past year.  I have seen God bring some of them though incredibly devastating circumstances, but seen their faith strengthened as a result. The best part of ministry is seeing God change people’s lives.  I am so humbled to be able to see that happen.  Nothing compares to seeing God’s power radically change someone.  I am so blessed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment