Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Blessed by Special People

God has more than blessed us with so many friends here in Vidalia. We have grown to love and care for so many families. It is not easy living so far from our loved ones, but those of you who treat us like family make the burden a bit easier to bear.  If you have ever shared or provided a meal for us, bought us a gift for a birthday or Christmas, or even just spent time with us (think Dominoes, Settlers, or Quelf), please know that you have been an immense blessing to us. 
Making and keeping close friends is not something at which I am skilled. Several experiences have “taught” me to keep my heart guarded. However, it is something I am trying, with God’s help, to improve.  I know that relationships are important to God, and they can be the framework for spectacular ministry. Lord, please help me be a better friend!
I just wanted to take a moment to share about some of these special people. I know none of them want the “spotlight” but I am so overwhelmingly grateful that I had to write about a few of them.
The Knapps  - Where to begin? Settlers, awesome meals, trip to Texas, hauling our IKEA office furniture, hunting, and hand-me-downs are all so appreciated!  Una, I will never forget that conversation we had in the church office when you encouraged me to pursue teaching. I needed it! Thanks so much for all the love you have showed “Stephen Powell” and me!
The Randalls-  We love y’all dearly. Thanks for gumbo, fried fish, fun times at the lake and sharing your Christmas “family time” with us.  Kassi, you are my little sister away from my sisters and I am so thankful for you.  I am going to miss you so much next year.
The Welchs – Your generosity has never ceased to amaze me! Whether it was taking Stephen hunting, inviting us over for delicious food, or letting me use the workout room, you have shown us so much love. Thanks for all you have done for us; you are one very special family. Taylor, we are so proud of you and love you so much! We will miss you next year.
God has recently brought a new “group” of people into our lives. These are some folks that have just recently began attending our church. These people have been like a fresh breath of air to our ministry, and we have loved getting to know them.
Teressa Renolds – Teresa I love your heart for worship. I know this a direct result of your love for Jesus. I admire you for unashamedly worshiping God. Also, you have a mighty, mighty gift of encouragement. People like you are so appreciated by ministers and their wives.  Thank you.
Alethia Lawrence – Girl, you rock. Thank you for the invites to your house for get-togethers (we still have to have a firework party).  I am inspired by you.  You remain positive, and devoted to the Lord despite the many recent trials you have faced. Your friendship means so much to me.
The Pettys– Ok, the list could go on and on, but, in short, thank you for caring about us.  I am overwhelmed at your generosity. Encouragement, afternoon chats, meal, music, hunting, Zumba, guitar, prayer, and love. Thanks!
And this, my friends, is just the tip of the iceberg. I could have wrote on and on about the people who have touched our lives. We are so blessed to be a part of FBCVidalia. We love all of you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment