Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Beautiful Sound

We heard the beautiful sound of our baby's heartbeat at our appointment on Thursday. With each passing day, I feel more hopeful. I am letting myself start to plan and dream about this little one.

According to the ultrasound, baby Powell measured 6 weeks and 5 days, when, by the calendar, he/she should be 7 weeks 3 days.  However, I know the more important thing is that there was good growth from last week to this week, and I know a strong heartbeat is a good sign.

After the appointment, Stephen and I went for lunch together. At random moments one of us would mimic the sound of the heartbeat, "Ba....thump. Ba......thump. Ba....thump." We would break into huge grins all over again. We are blessed to be this far.

Our baby's  heartbeat: a beautiful sound!  To God be the glory.

4 comments:

  1. That is the most beautiful sound! May you fall a little more in love with this babe with every passing minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you Megan! I absolutely love the sound of an in-utero heartbeat, its magical :) Congratulations, I pray this heartbeat only grows stronger as your baby continues to develop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking and praying for you! Congratulations!!! I'm so incredibly happy for you and your growing family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To God be all the glory, congratulations

    ReplyDelete