Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Worship Prep

I am seeking a heart of worship.


Tomorrow is Sunday.  Sunday means corporate worship.

Since I am married to the Pastor of Worship, I believe I have a special responsibility to prepare my heart for worship. I am a far cry from an A+ in this subject, but  it is a very strong conviction of mine. How can my hubby lead anyone if he is not leading his wife?  I Timothy requires that an elder manage his own household; therefore, my responsibility is to be manageable and lead-able! 

I can’t do anything about anyone else’s heart, but I can get on my knees before God, reflect on scripture and repent of my sin so that God will cleanse and prepare my heart for worship.

I pray you will do the same, prepare your heart to worship your maker corporately  with your body of believers. Tomorrow, I want to forget about everything and everyone else and devote everything I am to the praise of my Father.  

Meditate with me:

Psalm 84
1How lovely is your dwelling place, 
       O LORD Almighty!
2 My soul yearns, even faints, 
       for the courts of the LORD; 
       my heart and my flesh cry out 
       for the living God.
3 Even the sparrow has found a home, 
       and the swallow a nest for herself, 
       where she may have her young— 
       a place near your altar, 
       O LORD Almighty, my King and my God.
4 Blessed are those who dwell in your house; 
       they are ever praising you. 
       Selah
5 Blessed are those whose strength is in you, 
       who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.
6 As they pass through the Valley of Baca, 
       they make it a place of springs; 
       the autumn rains also cover it with pools.
7 They go from strength to strength, 
       till each appears before God in Zion.
8 Hear my prayer, O LORD God Almighty; 
       listen to me, O God of Jacob. 
       Selah
9 Look upon our shield,  O God; 
       look with favor on your anointed one.
10 Better is one day in your courts 
       than a thousand elsewhere; 
       I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God 
       than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield; 
       the LORD bestows favor and honor; 
       no good thing does he withhold 
       from those whose walk is blameless.
12 O LORD Almighty, 
       blessed is the man who trusts in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment